Terms and Conditions
Your purchase is subject to Flooring America/Flooring Canada's normal terms and conditions of sale which are shown below for your reference. Please
read them carefully.
Price Protection Guarantee
Our 500-store buying power allows us to buy big and pass volume-purchase savings directly on to you. We feel confident that our prices are the most
competitive in the market. We assure you that you will not find a lower price at any other floor covering retailer in your area. However, if within 30
days of making your purchase, you should happen to find a lower advertised price on first-quality merchandise of the same brand and style as the flooring .
you purchased, we will happily refund the difference. It’s our Price Protection Guarantee and it’s simple. Just present your retailer with the competitor’s
advertisement or written estimate for the same floor and you take home the difference in price! Price Protection applies to materials only.
Lifetime Installation Warranty
Your Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® retailer guarantees the quality of workmanship to be professional and in keeping with industry standards.
Should installation service be required attributable to the original installation of your flooring during the life of the manufacturer's wear warranty
(which varies) from the time your flooring was installed, present your sales receipt, and the store where you made your purchase will return and provide
that service at no cost to you. This warranty is valid only for original owner-occupied residential installation by your store and will be invalidated if
problem is due to improper maintenance or cleaning, abuse, excessive moisture, vandalism, or alteration.
The following additional conditions are not considered installation-related problems and are not covered beyond this limited-installation warranty:
Carpet: Visible seams normally required for installation.
Tile Flooring: Tile and grout cracking due to subfloor deflection or foundation settling.
Hardwood Flooring: Gapping between boards and moisture-related issues.
Laminate Flooring: Moisture-related issues.
Vinyl Flooring: Visible seams normally required for installation.
Satisfaction Assurance Replacement Warranty
All our floors carry a 30-day Replacement Warranty. If at any time during the first 30 days after your flooring is installed you wish to change your new
flooring for any reason (other than as expressly provided below), present your sales receipt, and the store where you made your purchase will replace it
with another style or color of flooring of equal value. Should you wish to replace the flooring with a flooring upgrade, you may do so by paying the
difference in price. No monetary compensation will be paid if a floor of lower price is selected. This is a one time replacement only and does not include
replacement of cushion or reinstallation charges. Simply call your retailer within 30 days of installation and indicate that you wish to choose another
floor under the Replacement Warranty, and provide your sales receipt. This is a replacement warranty and does not apply to matters covered by other
warranties. Any replacement product cannot be the same style and color as the original purchase. Replacement quantity must be the same as the original
purchase. This warranty is valid only for original owner-occupied residential installations. No replacements will be made with respect to flooring that has
been glued down, subject to abuse, vandalism, alteration or damage caused by smoke, fire, flood, wind, lightning, or any disaster. This warranty applies
only to the original purchaser of flooring that has been professionally installed by your retailer. Customer is responsible for all labor and reinstallation
charges of all materials, including, but not limited to, flooring, walls, and countertops.
A 2% variance on material widths is within mill tolerances and is agreed to be acceptable within the industry limits. The amount of materials sold is
compatible to measurement of floor covering and the material dimensions. Material overage of approximately 10% is required in order to cut, seam, and
trim materials. In some instances the amount of padding or underlayment installed may be less. The Seller has taken this variation into full account in
establishing pricing. Installation charges are based on the amount of material needed and not on the installed amount.
Color match to samples will vary from dye lot to dye lot. Buyer agrees to accept color variances that fall within industry-established ranges. Shading,
pooling, water marking, shedding, fluffing or pile crushing do not constitute manufacturing defects. These are inherent characteristics of all pile fabrics.
Missing tufts in looped carpet is not a defect and can be remedied by reinserting missing tufts by a qualified technician. Hardwood, cork, and bamboo are
natural materials that will have color variations such as variations from heartwood to sapwood, mineral streaks, and variations in the grain. Temperature
and humidity must be maintained within manufacturers' recommendations to avoid excessive expansion and contraction.
Despite every effort to accurately duplicate each product's color when shown on our website, actual colors may vary. Due to monitor and resolutions settings,
subtle variations in color and surface texture may not be fully revealed when viewing products on our website. We make every attempt to give you a good
representation of the available colors for each product available in our stores. For an accurate representation of what a product will look like, we
recommend that you view the sample of the product in a store. Product and color availability varies by store.
Pricing and Product Availability
We make every attempt to maintain the lowest prices on the items we offer, but price changes do occur, sometimes overnight. As a result, prices shown on
this site are subject to change until you have actually placed your order and it has been confirmed with the store. Prices shown are for product cost
only and where applicable for estimated installation costs to install that product. Not all products available in all stores. We expressly reserve the
right not to accept your order in the case of a pricing error or other technical issues.
Coupons and Discounts: Coupons must be presented at the beginning of the sales process. Not valid with any other coupons, discounts or on items that are
on sale or clearance. Cushion, labor and installation are excluded; coupon applies to product material only. Coupons cannot be used on prior orders.
Coupon discounts are available at participating Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® stores only. Not all stores honor coupons available on this website.
All coupon and sale offers are for retail sales only, no commercial or contractor sales.
Mechanic's Liens: Failure of this contractor to pay those persons supplying material or services to complete this contract can result in the filing of a
mechanic's lien on the property, which is the subject of this contract pursuant to law. To avoid this result you may ask this contractor for "Lien Waivers"
from all persons supplying material or services for the work described in this contract upon completion of project.
In the event of default by the customer under any of the terms and provisions hereof, and should the seller employ an attorney to enforce any provision
hereof, or to collect damages for breach of this contract, the customer shall pay to the seller such reasonable attorney's fees as may be expended with
respect thereto. In addition, should Buyer breach this Agreement, the seller may charge and collect a restocking fee. Such remedy shall be in addition
to all other remedies available to Seller. Buyer and Seller agree that this contract is the complete agreement between the parties and that everything
the Buyer expects the Seller to perform is written hereon; Buyer and Seller also agree that this contract can be modified only in writing, with the consent
of both parties. This contract shall be governed by the Uniform Commercial Code as adopted in the state of sale. In the event of a conflict between a term
herein and the Uniform Commercial Code, the term herein will control.
Your Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® retailer will provide a proposal outlining the costs involved to install your new flooring. This proposal
will indicate what the installation services will include. Any additional work not outlined in this proposal may incur additional charges for installation
services. Installation of flooring requires preparation of the subfloor. The costs for this subfloor preparation are not included in the installation cost
estimates shown on this site because these costs can only be determined upon site inspection. Additional labor and materials may be required in order to
remove prepare a subfloor for new flooring installation. The final installation labor quote will be submitted for your approval prior to processing your order.
To insure your installation proceeds smoothly, your Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® retailer may provide you with a pre-installation checklist.
This checklist will provide you with the information needed to prepare for your new flooring installation.
Product Warranty: All floor covering products are covered by either a manufacturer's warranty, a warranty from a fiber company, or both in accordance with
the warranty statement provided to buyer. No other warranties, either expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, are provided.
Any warranty offered by the Manufacturer is direct from the Manufacturer and not Flooring America/Flooring Canada. Your purchase from Flooring America/Flooring
Canada and these terms are governed by the laws of the state of the store in which you purchased your merchandise.
General Terms and Conditions
In addition to the requirements previously specified the following general terms and conditions apply to each of our limited warranties unless otherwise
1. See manufacturers' separate warranties for the terms of their warranties.
2. These limited warranties apply to flooring installed only in owner-occupied residential space where no commercial activity takes place.
3. These limited warranties exclude flooring that has been put to commercial use, abnormal use or conditions, or abused in any way. "Commercial use"
includes, but is not limited to, use in a store, office, or other place of business. "Abnormal use or conditions" includes, but is not limited to,
water damage from plumbing, storm, or flood; damage from smoke or fire; damage from improper cleaning methods or materials; and from improper maintenance.
Abuse" is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of flooring in a residence.
4. To qualify for repair or replacement, the original sales receipt or other documentation, which demonstrates proof of purchase, must be supplied.
5. Except as otherwise specified, these limited warranties are provided only by the retailer from whom your carpet was purchased.
6. All carpet must be installed over proper cushion, which meets the HUD UM 72a, Class 1 standards.
7. These warranties apply only to the original purchaser.
8. These warranties apply only to flooring professionally installed by your authorized retailer.
9. WE SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPON THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES, CONTRACTS,
NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL CLAIM. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the
above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The foregoing warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from
state to state.
10. Price Protection Guarantee applies only to local retail store pricing and/or purchases. Online retailers and wholesalers are excluded. "Local retail store"
is defined as a permanent building/structure containing outdoor signage with store name, street address, customer parking, and phone contact information
listed in a public phone directory.
11. We will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the pricing, materials or information provided on this site, any articles or postings for
hyperlinks embedded in messages, nor for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained on this site or in a hyperlink site.
We take Your privacy seriously and want Your experience with Flooring America and/or Flooring Canada (the "Site" and the "Service" to which You subscribe upon Your agreeing to the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement) to be both satisfying and safe. This Policy sets forth the steps we take to accomplish this result, and we urge you to read it carefully.
1. What this Policy Covers. In order for us to properly and efficiently provide our products and services to you, it may be necessary from time to time for us to collect information about you or the equipment or methods you use to visit the Site, or while visiting the site. Although we need this information to better serve you, we understand your concerns about how this information is used. Accordingly, this Policy explains how we use, and more importantly will NOT use, any personally identifiable information we collect when you visit or utilize the Site. This Policy also covers our treatment of any personally identifiable information that our business partners share with us or that we may collect on or from a business partner's site.
2. What this Policy Does not cover. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies we do not own or control or to people we do not employ or manage. This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from You. To the extent that You disclose any of Your information to any other person or entity, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information You disclose to them. It is important that You understand that we may not, and probably do not, control any website which You may visit through a "link" from the Site, and such other websites may have their own privacy policies that may differ substantially from ours. Also, any third party advertisers who advertise on the Site or through the Site may also adhere to their own privacy policies, which may also be different from ours. When visiting advertisers or any other website or business You reach by "clicking" on a link on the Site, You are subject to the privacy policies of that third party. We encourage You to ask questions before You disclose Your personal information to others. Unless otherwise notified, we will not collect personal health information from You. If in the future we do collect such personal health information, we will do so in compliance with our Personal Health Information Policy, a copy of which will be made available to You.
3. Information Collection and Usage by us. Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide You with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience on the Site and throughout our business. We use information collected for the purpose of addressing customer service issues.
We will not knowingly transfer Your personal information to another party except as disclosed in this Policy. In most instances, You may have the option to withhold certain requested information; however if You choose to withhold or not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide You with the services or products You request. In general, our service automatically gathers certain usage information like the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Site. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us determine how much our customers use parts of the Site, so we can improve the Site. We may also track certain information about Your behavior on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users? demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve You and our community. This information may include the URL that You came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL You next go to (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser You are using, and Your IP address.
We use information in the file we maintain about You, and other information we obtain from Your current and past activities on the Site, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, or to enforce our Flooring America/Flooring Canada Terms of Service and End User License Agreement ("TOS").
5. Disclosure of Your Personal Information. We may share certain personally identifiable information about you to third parties with which we have advertising and name-sharing agreements. However, you may opt out of these arrangements by clicking on the relevant opt-out indicators on our site. We may disclose personally identifiable information about You to other companies or people when: (i) You give us Your consent to share the information; (ii) we need to share Your information to provide the product or service You have requested; or (iii) we need to send the information to persons or companies who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to You; (iv) if we are required to do so by applicable law as described more fully below, or (v) when we determine You have violated the TOS. It is our policy to cooperate with all law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We may disclose (and You authorize us to disclose) any information about You to law enforcement in response to subpoenas or court orders, or other government officials or agencies as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is a violation or potential violation of law or may expose us or You to legal liability.
Due to the possibility of requirements from existing or future regulatory authorities or due to the current or future state of technology, we cannot ensure that all of Your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For purposes of illustration only, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse Your information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to attempt to achieve the stated goals of our privacy policies, as a matter of practicality we cannot and we do not promise, and You should not expect, that Your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
6. Service Providers. External Providers We may, for Your convenience, provide some of Your personally identifiable information to an external service provider. However, before we disclose Your personally identifiable information to an external service provider, You will see what data is about to be sent and have the ability to approve the disclosure. To prevent our disclosure of Your personally identifiable information to an external service provider, You can decline such disclosures or simply not use their services.
7. Other Entities. We may share much of our data, including personally identifiable information about You, with our subsidiaries and business partners.. To the extent that these entities have access to Your information, they will treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from their other users.
8. Advertisers. If we collect from the data we receive personally identifiable information, such information will be disclosed to advertisers and other third parties for other marketing and promotional purposes only in a manner which does not personally identify that information (such as disclosing information in the aggregate, by reference to averages or trends, or by reference to a "user" without providing the personally identifying information for that user). We will not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify You personally.
9. Identification of User in Site. You will be identified throughout the Site by Your Logon ("User ID") if applicable. We suggest for security reasons that You do not use Your e-mail address as Your User ID. Your User ID can be used to identify You and Your activities throughout the Site, and other users may be able to identify You based on User ID items that You have purchased, sold, bid on in the past, requested a bid in the past, any ratings or comments You may provide, any postings You may place on the Site, etc.
11. Security. Even though we utilize various security techniques to protect data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. Please note that e-mail and internet traffic are not secure. To help safeguard Your information, we suggest the following: (i) You do not share Your USER ID or password with anyone; (ii) change Your password regularly; and (iii) remember to sign off once You have submitted an application for a product or service online, or completed an online session.
12. Spam. We do not condone "spam" or unsolicited junk e-mail. We are not responsible for this unfortunate activity, and cannot stop it from occurring when it originates from outside the Site. We will take reasonable action against any person who uses our email products as the launching pad for spam.
13. Editing Account Information. We will provide You with the ability to access and edit the information that You have provided to us. To update the information or to deactivate Your account, please email us at email@example.com. In the event You deactivate Your account, such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law. We may retain in our files information You have requested to remove from internet access, and may use such information in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our TOS. Further, such prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored "back up" systems. Therefore, You should not expect that all of Your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to Your requests.
15. Use of Site. Use of the Site constitutes acceptance of this Policy as it is now written and as it may be modified from time to time and appears on the Site. You specifically agree to check back on the Site from time to time to ensure that You are familiar with this Policy as it may exist from time to time, but also agree that You are bound by such Policy as the same may exist on these pages, whether or not You have actually viewed them in their then existing form.
How can I apply for a Flooring America Credit Card? You can apply for Flooring America card at any of our participating retail locations or by
applying with GE Capital on the credit application page shown on the Site.
What if I have questions about my Flooring America Card Account? If you have questions about your Flooring America Card account status, you can
call 1-866-419-4096, Monday-Friday: 8AM – Midnight ET and Saturday: 10AM - 7PM ET